Toys – IELTS Speaking Part 3 Follow Up Question
1. What is the difference between girls’ and boys’ toys?
Traditionally, girls used to like toys like dolls, kitchen sets, fairies, and butterflies. Boys normally preferred aggressive toys like guns, cars, and things to build and things, which make a lot of noise. The other difference was that boys normally picked blue, brown and green. Girls, on the other hand, chose pink with a tinge of purple. These differences have been disappearing over the years.
2. Do you think toys really help in children’s development?
Yes, toys play a big role in children’s development. It helps to develop their motor and sensory skills and also their cognitive abilities. At the same time, it also leads to their social development, especially when they play with other children. Children also learn responsibility when parents ask them to properly store their toys.
3. Does modern technology have an influence on children’s toys?
Yes, modern technology has a big influence on toys. Both the type of toys available and the children’s preferences for toys have changed over time. Today robots, app controlled cars are more popular. Board games are becoming less and less popular. Simple action figures and dolls
have also become much more detailed.
4. Have we lost our hand skills such as sewing?
Sewing by hand has definitely become a thing of the past. Sewing machines have come up in a big way. But manual sewing machines are still used. These have a hand pedal or a foot pedal. My
mother has a fully automatic computerised sewing machine, but she has to operate it herself when she sews.
5. What toys are popular with kids in India today?
Many types of toys are popular in India. Children like wooden toys and other mechanical toys, but electronic toys are fast gaining popularity.
6. In general, do children today have many toys?
Yes, they do. When I look at the children around me, I feel that they have too many toys. I never had so many. I think parents, today, are substituting the time they have to spend with children by giving them more and more toys.
7. Do you think playing with electronic toys has a good influence on kids?
Yes, electronic toys introduce children to technology. They increase the strategy forming skills. They are good, but when children spend too much time on electronic games, they forget
everything else and then these become negative.
8. Do you think there are some toys that are only suitable for girls and some that are only suitable for boys?
Not any more. Gender differences are disappearing fast and boys and girls play with the same type of toys nowadays.
9. Which do you think is better, for children to play with toy alone or with other kids?
It is definitely better for children to play with other kids. They learn caring and sharing and many other social skills when they play with others.
10. Do you think parents should encourage their children to share their toys with other kids?
Yes, definitely. They should encourage their children to share their toys with other children. In this way they will not need to have many toys.
11. How are toys today different to toys of the past?
Today we have electronic toys, whereas earlier we had wooden toys and plastic toys.
12. How do you think toys will change in the future?
What the future holds in store for us no one can tell, but as far as I can see, there will be more and more electronic gadgets in the future, which the children will play with as toys.
13. If you were going to give a present to a child, what would you give him?
I would give a child, a book as a gift. He may not like it at first, but it will shortly develop the habit of reading one day. I believe that books are the best gifts. They remain with that person forever.
14. What kinds of gifts do parents give to their young children?
Pendants give all sorts of gifts to their children. They know the requirement of their children and give gifts accordingly. Mostly parents give educational gifts, from which the child can learn something in a fun way.
15. Is it good to give children too many presents such as too many toys?
No it is definitely not good to give a child too many presents. Children do not appreciate the value of toys when they are given too many toys. It also decreases their imagination and creativity. They also do not learn sharing with other children.
16. Some parents don’t spend much time with their child but instead give the child gifts as a way to show their love. Do you think this is good enough?
No I do not think this is good enough. The time been didn’t spend with the children is more important then the gifts they give them.
Cue card related to above follow up questions.
Be First to Comment